About Newark Mower Center
Our family owned business, Newark Mower Center, Inc. has maintained a strong relationship with our customers and has grown from a specialty shop to one of the largest multi-line outdoor power equipment dealers in the area. The Newark Mower Center prides itself on our customer service. We know how important it is to be taken care of and to have someone you can trust.
Sales, Service and Parts: Commercial & Residential Outdoor Power Equipment
We offer industry leading equipment such as Dixie Chopper, Bobcat, Billy Goat, Stihl, Little Wonder, Ryan, Columbia, Troybilt, Mantis and more – Zero turn mowers, Walk-Behind mowers, Riders, Pushmowers, Chain Saws, Trimmers, Hand-Held Blowers, Backpack Blowers, Rototillers, Cultivators, Combi-Units, Snowblowers, Leaf Vacs, Chipper Shredders, and More.
We also sell Snow Plows and Spreaders - Sno-Way, Meyer, Fisher and more. We sell snow removal equipment, install plows and spreaders, service and sell parts. We are open extra hours during snow events.
Service: “We service what we sell and we service what they sell”.
When you purchase equipment from Newark Mower Center, we do not sell it in a box. Our equipment is sold assembled and checked out. Our service department puts fuel in the item and test runs it before it leaves our store. We explain to the customer how the equipment operates, how to start it, etc. We file your warranty registration for you. Your records are here at our fingertips whenever you need them. If you need service or repairs, or have a warranty issue, you come back to us and we handle it for you.
When you purchase your outdoor power equipment from your local warehouse type stores, they do not have a service department. We do service for a lot of those companies. Our service department provides exceptional service that has highly trained certified service technicians.
We also offer a pick-up and delivery service for repairs and maintenance to make it more convenient for our customers.
Our parts department has the resources and technology to locate your part in a timely manner and at a fair price if we do not have it in stock.
Please visit our sister company, layaoulandscapinginc.com for all your landscaping needs.
Why choose us?
Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff
Equipment prepared and ready to use at the time of purchase (Service not offered at Boxed Stores
Warranty Service for items we sell and other stores
Parts for most brands
First 5 Hours
- After the very first five hours change the engine oil
- Adjust the autodrive clutch cable
25Hrs or Every Season
- Change the engine oil if continuously operating under heavy load or high ambient temperature.
- Service the air cleaner.
- Lubricate wheels, pivot points and linkages and grease the inner control cables at point of entry and exit from their outer casing.
- Check the clutch cable adjustment.
- Sharpen the cutterblade.
50Hrs or Every Season
- Change the engine oil.
Daily (before use)
- Check the oil level
- Remove grass debris from around the engine, exhaust/exhaust guard, air ways in the top cowl, underside of the deck housing and from the grassbag and check for signs of damage.
- Check the condition of guards and safety devices.
- Check condition of cutterblade.
100Hrs or Every Season
- Clean the engine cooling system. Clean more often under dusty conditions or when airborne debris is present or after prolonged operation whilst cutting tall, dry grass.
- Replace the spark plug